Oh the dreaded Valentine’s Day. For many people, anyway. For some it’s all about the one they love, celebrating the love between them, and going out to fancy dinners, giving fancy gifts, and all that nonsense. But, for others, like myself, it’s just another Hallmark holiday. I will say, some of the decorations are cute. Celebrating with friends is fun. But for the most part, if you’ve been single for the past four years like myself, it’s just another reminder of just HOW single you are. Fear not though friends because I have a list of things to do on Valentine’s Day if you’re single. Because you can still celebrate in your own way, if you choose!
- Have an at-home spa day. Grab your bath bombs, your face masks, some relaxing music, and candles. Maybe read your favorite book or watch your favorite show while in the tub (keep that laptop outta the tub though, please). Just relax and make the night about you.
- Cook yourself a nice dinner. I spent one Friday night cooking just for myself. I grabbed some wine and got to cooking. It was really nice.
- Go to the movies. Some people hate going to the movies alone. But I think it’s something we all should do. Break out of your shell. No one cares if you’re there alone.
- Go shopping. Treat yo self.
- Go get a massage or a facial. Treat yo self again. Go out and buy that expensive thing you’ve been eyeing.
- Get a mani/pedi. Treat yo self some more.
- Go workout. Get those endorphins going. Blast some music. Take that hour or so to just be in the zone. The gym has been my Valentine for the past four years and we’ve been going strong.
- Cuddle with your pup or cat. Curl up and watch your favorite cheesy rom-com with your pet. They’ll enjoy it!
- Go out with your other girlfriends who are single. Make it a night out and have some fun. Dress up. Put your makeup on. And drink the night away. Responsibly though.
- Plan a trip. Get out of town. Go alone. Go with your pet. Or go with some girls. But planning a trip is always a good idea!
- Spend time with your family. They are your loved ones, after all.
- Play video games. This is something I plan on doing this Valentine’s Day so I thought you could benefit from my brilliant idea.
- Work on your business/brand/hustle. Make it a quiet night where you just sit and get some work done. But work on yourself. Use this time to work on something you love working on.
- Bake some cookies or cupcakes. Just grab that sugar and flour and bake your little heart away!
Please follow and like us: