Okay, maybe not EVERYTHING you need to know. But there are some valuable life lessons we all learned “back-in-the-day” that we may need a refresher or two on. Here’s to looking at you, adults who are still bullies. ?
- Don’t hit people. Like come onnnnn people, why do we think violence is ever the answer? Because it’s really just not.
- Clean up after yourself. We’re adults. We’re capable of throwing out shizzz away at the movie theatre or cleaning up after ourselves at a restaurant. Or cleaning up after our kids who can’t clean up after themselves. Like, it’s just common courtesy.
- Say you’re sorry when you hurt someone’s feelings. Own your freakin’ mistakes, fam. You’ll gain so much more respect from people if you just admit when you’re wrong or when you’ve done something to hurt someone. And then, like, don’t do it again.
- The Golden Freaking Rule. Treat others how you want to be treated. If you want to be treated like dog poo, then go ahead, treat me like that. And I’ll do it right back. Actually, probs not, because I was raised better than that and I know how to NOT be mean to someone.
- A nap really is necessary sometimes. Or most of the time, if you’re like me. It’s like when your computer is messing up so you just turn it off and then on again to restart it. When I’m feeling like I need to be restarted, I just take a nap.
- Open your listening ears. So often we find ourselves “listening” but not actually listening. Whether it be a distraction due to technology, or our own thoughts, are we ever really LISTENING? Wouldn’t the world be so much nicer if we didn’t all have to repeat ourselves a million times?
- Take joy in the little things. Kids are seriously always happy. Because even the smallest things make them happy. I find myself going throughout my day and being annoyed at big things when I really should be finding the joy in the smaller things. Which could equal more than the bigger things.
- Wash your hands. Practice good hygiene. No one wants to smell you. And it’s just common knowledge that you should be washing your hands after you go to the bathroom.
- Be confident. Little kids are so confident in themselves because they haven’t been bombarded by the media and the people around them on how they should look or act. Just be confident in yo damn self and own it!
- Never stop learning. You will never know everything there is to know about everything. You’ll probably never know everything there is to know about one specific thing, either. Always be looking for more ways to learn and expand your mind.
And there ya have it. A lesson brought to you all the way from 1996. Or whatever year you went to Kindergarten. Happy learning, fam!
Please follow and like us: