Hey, what’s up hello. Do you all remember a few months ago when I told you how to become a morning person even though I wasn’t one myself? Well, I’m still not a morning person. Still, hate them. But, I have SEMI adopted a morning routine. And let me tell ya when I do this morning routine I feel refreshed, accomplished, energized, organized, and IN CHARGE of the mess that is my life. Now, I don’t do this morning routine as often as I would like but sometimes is better than no times, amirite?!
I have found that picking something you want to center your morning routine around helps a smidge. Like for me, I want to make sure I’m moving more in the morning. So I added a walk with Annie and 10-minute yoga. I don’t know what yours could be because I don’t know who is reading this but I’m sure you can think of something!
My morning routine is as follows:
- 6am – alarm goes off. I wonder if I reallyyyyy need to do this morning routine BS. Sometimes I snooze for another 10 minutes. Most of the time my alarm wakes Annie up and she stares at me until I get out of bed.
- 6:15 – Annie and I are out the door for a 20ish minute walk.
- 6:40 – 10-minute yoga from YouTube. Well, an attempt. Because Annie wants to yoga with me but she hasn’t quite learned that trick yet so it’s a lot of her in my face while I’m trying to do a pose.
- 6:50 – feed Annie and Nelly (the fish)
- 6:55 – crank up the tunes and jump in the shower.
- 7:10 – get ready for work – this involves typically throwing my hair in braids or a ponytail or spraying it with sea salt spray. Very rarely will it involve me doing my hair or makeup because I’m lazy af.
- 7:40 – make a piece of avocado toast and drink my greens and collagen. In case you were wondering (which I’m sure you were…) my greens are from 1st Phorm and my collagen is from Alani Nu.
- 8am – take Annie for one last potty break, turn on dog TV for her, and I’m out the door.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Sometimes. Other times I sleep until 7:30 and barely have time to take Annie out and wash my face so there’s that.
What’s your morning routine look like? I’d love to see it! Drop it in the comments below! ?